Arizona Refugee Resettlement OST-Ethnically diverse group

ORT MARIA ptnrsmrt at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 12 08:12:45 PST 2006

Kathleen said.......You know that one of the foundational beliefs of the ToP approach is that the wisdom is in the group and that with good process they can determine their own answers. With OS, the minimal structure, in essence, is saying that same thing with maximum empowerment.

Thank you. Holding the space with the TOP approach really nails it for me. I operate out of that belief but hadn't consciously made the connection to the OS concept. I was authentically holding the space. In the ICA TOP processes and others, I'm so used to being busy facilitating. Now I can let go of the sense of feeling guilty for not being busy (insert not earning my keep) for the client. I'm growing in my understanding and experience of OST as a commitment to being consciously quiet and centered as group wisdom emerges and self-organizes around passion, meaning and responsibility. That's what I love about our work. There is always room to learn, stretch, grow and evolve while helping communities and people fulfil their vision of making a difference.

I'm looking forward to hearing the results and your experience of your OS in the Dakotas
Fellow TOPer and now OSTer, Maria Ort