Imams and Rabbis --Gender/Countries / Participants

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.de
Sun Mar 26 12:48:01 PST 2006

Dear Tree,
ho gave you the info on the gender distribution.
Pretty clear, that one.

On other "distribution",
details gleaned from the contact list:
There were 39 countries present.
With one participant each from Quatar, Poland, Bosnia, Tanzania,
Vatikan, Ivory Coast, Norway, Singapore, Ukraine, Peru, Mali, Senegal,
Denmark, Estonia and Tadjikistan
With two participants each from Lebanon, Venezuela, Austria, Iran,
Canada, Indonesia
With three participants each from Germany, Tunisia, Egypt,Kenya, Nigeria
With four: Jordan,
With five: Netherlands
With more than five: Russia (8), Belgium (8), Italy (9)
With more than 10: Marocco(10),Switzerland (11), Spain (15), UK (17),
Palestine (20)
With plenty: USA (40),France (53) and Israel (65).

That counts up to about 300 of which about 140 were Imams and Rabbis.
An amazing crowd and I wouldnt be surprised about an even larger number
of Imams and Rabbis tje next time around with a much larger
international mix yet.

Greetings from Berlin
mmp

Tree Fitzpatrick wrote:
> [...]
> all of them as well.
>
> I hope my above paragraph conveyed my sincere, warm, enthusiasm and
> gratitude.  Now I have a question.  I do not ask this question to
> collapse the field or to diminish the great, wonderful work but I am
> sitting here with a curiosity.  What was the gender distribution among
> the rabbis and imans?  I guess there is no such thing as a female iman?
> So I am wondering if all the rabbis were guys?  By voicing my curiosity,
> I do not wish to diminish the great achievements of this work.  Neither
> do I mean to imply that there 'should' have been female rabbis present.
> I am just wondering so I'm just asking, unattached to the answer.
>
> On 3/26/06, *Florian Fischer* <ff at begleitung-im-wandel.com
> <mailto:ff at begleitung-im-wandel.com>> wrote:
>
>     Am 26.03.2006 13:00 Uhr schrieb "Harrison Owen" unter <
>     hhowen at verizon.net <mailto:hhowen at verizon.net>>:
>
>      >..... and we all know what we think of Americans! Especially Americans
>      > who wore strange hats! (smile)
>      >
>      >....... Michael, the Crew, and I
>      > felt that since a Stammtisch had yet to be held in Seville, there
>     was no
>      > time like the present. A marvelous, small, neighborhood gathering
>     place
>      > presented itself, well supplied with good drink and outstanding
>     Tabas (sp?).
>
>      >.....As I turned to walk on the plane, I heard the Imam say loudly
>      > to his fellows - "That is a great man." Truly I felt embarrassed,
>     but also
>      > very good. And I think we did some good.>
>      > So what have we learned?
>      >
>      > Doubtless the lessons will continue to surface, but a major one
>     for me
>      > might be: REALLY Be Prepared to Be Surprised! .
>

>     Hi, great man with the strange hat
>     you alternative but native american
>     your story tells again
>     that really acting in open space
>     is a hard job
>     but sometimes OST is helpfull.
>
>     by the way
>     the wonderfull andalusian practice
>     to add small food to the drink
>     is called
>     la TAPA, las TAPAS --
>     Vamos a tapar
>     which is »to cover« the drink.
>
>     thanks a lot for your report.
>
>     florian
>
>     ---------------------------
>     florian fischer
>     facilitación de desarollo
>     c/sta.bárbara 18
>     E 04115 rodalquilar/nijar/andalucia/spain
>     fon/fax 0034.950.389819
>     www.begleitung-im-wandel.com <http://www.begleitung-im-wandel.com>
>     ff at begleitung-im-wandel.com <mailto:ff at begleitung-im-wandel.com>
>

>     *
>     *
>
>     To learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49-30-772 8000
www.boscop.de   www.michaelmpannwitz.de

Check out the new Open Space World Map now with 392 resident Open Space
Workers in 65 countries (working in a total of 119 countries worldwide)
www.openspaceworldmap.org