Longest OS

Ralph Copleman rcopleman at comcast.net
Fri Mar 10 05:46:14 PST 2006

Hi,

When we respond to Jimmy's question (what's the longest OD event you have
ever heard of?) with the answer, "Life" we may be shutting down the
conversation a little.

It's true enough, I suppose, unless one considers the afterlife.

I was once in an open space event that lasted eight days.  After about day
number four, it didn't feel like "life" at all.  Things just got deeper and
deeper.  The 24 of us entered some sort of eerie zone where pre-cognition
was an every-hour event, and rich, trusting connection on the spiritual
plane seemed to be the only interpersonal currency.  It was out of "control"
by any conventional standards, and it was wonderful.  It was punctuated, if
that's the right by long, spontaneous, meditative silences.  And songs would
just break out.  I'm sure none of us will ever have a time like that again.

It took place at Findhorn, Scotland, in May, 1990.

Ralph Copleman