Fw: Key Personalities

Harrison Owen hhowen at adelphia.net
Fri Jun 30 04:41:57 PDT 2006

Re: Key Personalities
From: Romy Shovelton
To: Harrison Owen
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 5:21 PM
Subject: Re: Key Personalities

Hi Diana

As others have said.... a familiar issue/conversation/request....

One caution I would add is this.... If you have named/ feature people and they offer OS sessions (ie. within the OS vs before and separately) you will likely 'unbalance' the 'openness' of the Open Space. What tends to happen is that many people will be drawn to sessions offered by the 'names'. Guess many of us are up for an easy life and being fed... and/or getting a kinda free workshop?! This means that the other sessions offered by 'regular' participants tend to get denuded.  This was a significant issue in an OS I ran for Harrison in Mauritius with the YPO (Young Presidents Organisation) - having incidentally cautioned/advised them against running names sessions within the OS time.

You could of course say 'whoever comes...' etc, which is also true... and magic will naturally still appear. And.... I simply offer an additional note of caution. It can be wonderful if the 'names' stay around after speaking (eg. Speaking day/evening before, as HO suggests)...and are then just free to use their 2 feet as everyone else in the OS.

All the very best with this one

Romy