Design question for an OS-meeting

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Wed Jun 28 01:32:29 PDT 2006

Dear friends in Open Space
I am planning a two day OS-meeting and would like to ask for any ideas from
you.
My sponsor is a headmaster. Two schools are being merged into one unit and
the start will be a 2-day OS-meeting in August. About 100 participants both
teachers and other employees.

The OS-meeting is Thursday-friday and on Monday there will be time for
action teams to meet to work more on the action plans. So my question is
around how to get the most out of the afternoon day 2, having in mind there
will be a few hours to work further on Monday. We have to be finished by
15.30. Any sharing of experiences, suggestions and ideas welcome!

Yesterday we had our pre-meeting and the design we discussed goes like this:
---DAY 1---
Storytelling in the morning
LUNCH
Opening
2 sessions (1,5 hours)
Evening news
Dinner

---DAY 2---
Morning news
2 sessions (1,5 hours)
LUNCH (printing reports)
Reading all the reports
Prioritization/grouping of topics (to get a structure of the material and
info about where the energy is in the groups as a whole)
Re-opening
Next step action meeting
Closing
---
Hugs
Thomas Herrmann         Phone +46 (0)709-98 97 81
Open Space Consulting   Fax   +46 (0)300-713 89
Pensévägen 4
434 46 Kungsbacka, Sweden
Email: thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
www.openspaceconsulting.com