OST for religious communities

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Tue Jul 11 17:47:47 PDT 2006

Hi Ray,

Several years ago I worked with a large Episcopal Church on a renewal
project.  We began with an Appreciative Inquiry with the congregation and
surrounding community.  The Design Team shared the results with the
congregation and then used that energy and info as spiritual food for
thought in preparation for the Annual Meeting which was held in Open Space.
Membership and attendance at services began increasing as soon as the AI
interviews began and several new programs were catalyzed by the Open Space.
I have the Executive Summary if you are interested.

What was very powerful for me was the personal healing I received as a
result of working with the spirit-filled Design Team and Interviewer Team.
I grew up in the Episcopal Church but left during my high school years
because everything felt so mechanical and nowhere near spiritual.  While I'm
still not a member of any organized religion, I found the open hearts and
dedicated spirits in this church to be quite an inspiration.

Namasté,

Christine

Christine Whitney Sanchez
KAIROS Alliance Inc.