OSLIST Digest - 2 Jul 2006 to 3 Jul 2006 (#2006-174)

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Tue Jul 4 15:00:37 PDT 2006

Ralph,

Only one person has given explicit permission to bring them into the
conference hall of the Moscow House of Community Organizations
(flickr.com photo not uploaded yet) . Not quite sure how to
be sure I have gotten permission from a deceased person to invite
their presence.

A point of clarification, academic as it may seem, for me it is
signficant. The Philadelphia cream cheese is for deceased, as it were
grandma. I don't qualify the cream cheese as a snack.

The Turkish sunflower seeds are for my dad, who last time I checked
was alive and more than kicking, as it were, in sunny San Diego.

I take my betweens very seriously. Too seriously? So, I worry a little
bit when it seemed like you were confusing my grandmother who passed
away ten years ago with my dad. But hey, we're all who-man (human).

I am not sure it is kewl or phat (cool) to bring people into the room
without a clear prior ok.

So, until I have your say-so I will not choose to  bring your wicked
(great) humor in the conference hall. I might say it's the best humor
that the OSlist has to offer coming from the East Coast of the USA.

Not 2006? How bout next year? All we can do is extend the invitation
again and again. Warts, Lisa (heft; i heard your "found" poem; well,
heard it as best as I could), and all.

The only thing, Lisa, I would propose is that I would propose we
journey into what we want any invitation to be. I would propose that
invitation's meaning changed fundamentally about...two years ago. And
that invitation at its essence is about...choicelessness.

And I think the interesting exciting opportunities presented about an
implicit/explicit consensual definition of invitation - one used by
those whose life/professional project is emergence/os/transformation is that it
invites the creation of new rules and norms of behavior that invite a
subtle conformity which may or may not serve us or Spirit.

in count up mode,
raffi

p.s. Judge Blackwell? Never heard of her. Ralph, fill us in, maybe?
(that's an invitation : ) )

p.p.s. learned today that Romania and Congo may very likely be
represented this time around, too.