My answer

Ralph Copleman rcopleman at comcast.net
Sun Jul 30 18:15:05 PDT 2006

On 7/29/06 2:00 AM, "OSLIST automatic digest system"
<LISTSERV at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU> wrote:

> A specific question: How do you let them mark the favorites, with sticky
> dots or markers or what? And how many votes does everybody get?

I use markers.  It¹s one less thing.  I do not feel it makes any difference
on any level except in term of the number of things I have to bring along
with me in my bag.

As to number of votes, it depends on the number of people and the number of
themes recorded on the flip chart pages.  And I decide on the spot.  For
example, last week I had a one-day event involving 30 people.  They cited
enough themes to fill about
1 1/3 flip chart pages.  Not very many.  I said they could each have three
votes, distributable as they saw fit.  Earlier in the week, I worked with a
group of 80 in a different organization; they filled four pages.  I gave
them five votes, and I could just easily as have said seven, on a whim.
There is no science or recipe to this, because it doesn¹t really matter, in
my opinion.

Ralph Copleman