What to do while the proceedings are being printed?

Greg Vaughan greg at VAUGHANCONSULTING.COM
Mon Jul 24 16:28:39 PDT 2006

Hi All,

New member here, so treat me kindly.  I'll be conducting a one-day open space for a fire department.
We are expecting about 100 participants. I need some advice on two issues:

1)   I'm curious to know what you consider the best approach for getting the proceedings book
printed in the shortest time, and what to do with folks while that happens.  I'm a bit worried about
100 task-oriented firefighters hanging out for 30 minutes while Kinko's prints the books.  Do we just
consider this a break and let whatever happens happen?  Or, do we structure an activity?

2)  We'd like to have participants do a high-level ranking of the report topics and recommendations
so the leadership team has some idea about what the group considerss to be key issues and high
priorities.  So, folks have already been on a 30 minute break waiting for the books, and now need
another block of time to review them.  I'm worried about a substantial drop in energy level at this
point late in the day.  Any suggestions, including to chill?

Thanks for your help.

Greg Vaughan