Open Space for Sainthood (or its healing power)

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Tue Jul 11 11:15:37 PDT 2006

Dear folks.

I have this problem, which is learning how to say no to interesting
work.  Some of that work is "not" open space but guided large group
processes.   Like work related to developing a new health care
infrastructure with more engagement of the public.   Some may remember
the 14 OST events I and some colleagues were in involved in 2 years ago.
Well, some follow-up two hour activities across one region in Ontario
were needed with the public and then some help with a different data
gathering approach.  Well, anyway they were not in open space, and I was
also not feeling that well, I had bee ill, for the whole two months.  In
any case three Open Space events popped up when I wasn't sure I had the
energy or time.  I said yes, "It was Open Space" they specifically
wanted me for a number of reasons or I would have passed it on, and the
preparation time lines were really tight.

Before that first Open Space, I was exhausted and getting worse and
still looking forward to two weeks solid of meetings.  Then I opened the
space with a bunch of OST virgins.  And I felt that healing,
strengthening energy that emerges from the group and the universe in OS.
A substantial amount of energy returned and I felt much better.  I have
been able to make it through until the needed rest started in the middle
of last week.  I had the good fortune of a half-day Open Space that may
lead to 14 more.  I got to work with Judy Gast opening space and
developing a strong convergence process with a client that has sponsored
4 OST events before and is now committed more than ever.

I certainly felt healed after that first event.  And the healing process
has continued.  Since I'm not a Catholic, saints have not been much for
me in the past.  But who knows, the first meeting approach nominated for
sainthood?

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation