Open Jerusalem: Cornerstone for World Peace - My / Our contribution

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.de
Tue Jul 11 07:56:41 PDT 2006

Dear Filiz and you others,
I was involved in it as the facilitator together with Yaari,
Anna,Dominik and Vera (essentially the same team we had at the meeting
of 200+ Imams and Rabbis earlier this year in Sevilla, you can see all
of them in the open space world map).
The conference started Sunday July 2nd and closed on Thursday morning,
July 6. The open space part began on Monday afternoon and closed on
Wednesday evening.
There were 8 breakout sessions (which made it the longest os I ever
facilitated), 40 issues, 34 reports and 30 action proposals with
concrete steps...all in all a normal os-event.
There were about 20 Israelis and 20 Palestinians and 60+ people from
other places interested in Peace in that region.
People in attendance from the region like Avner Haramati from Israel and
Carol Daniel-Kasbari from Palestine could tell you more about what
happened there and what it means...I just experienced the normal
peaceful process of open space with lots of excited people.
The call for someone to coordinate all of this is both common and at the
same time an issue that the person feeling this call can follow through
on. In fact, some got together and had a pretty well worked out plan
including the financing to create an internet platform to do just that.

One participant summed it up in the Closing Circle (similarly to what ho
observed and recorded in "The Practice of Peace" at the gathering in
Rome a couple of years ago)with the words:
"Everyday looking at the reports on television, listening to the radio,
reading the newspapers windows to hell open up for me. Here a window to
heaven opened."
The productive, peaceful quality of this event in the face of what
happens in the war zones many participants came from is a miracle.

Since there was an agreement not to take pictures and not to produce a
book of proceedings and not to copy the action proposals participants
now will rely on their ingenuity and their selforganized very detailed
contact list to continue the work.

Greetings from Berlin getting ready to fire up the barbecue for 3 of my
grandchildren visiting ....
See you in Moscow in 3 weeks
mmp

--

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany

Check out the new Open Space World Map now with 406 resident Open Space
Workers in 67 countries (working in a total of 122 countries worldwide)
www.openspaceworldmap.org