work in hospitals

Lisa Kimball lisa at groupjazz.com
Wed Jul 26 05:44:23 PDT 2006

The Plexus Institute (http://www.plexusinstitute.org
<http://www.plexusinstitute.org/> ) is working with a number of networks of
hospitals on projects to eliminate hospital acquired infections.  We're
working in partnership with The Positive Deviance Institute
http://www.positivedeviance.org/ using some processes that share a lot of
roots with Appreciative Inquiry and Open Space.  We need to scale up because
the hospitals involved in the pilot projects are getting very promising
results and there are many others that want to join in and try it too.  The
cool thing about the process is, of course, that it assumes that the
"answers" are already in the system so that solving the problem is a matter
of discovery rather than "training" or expert help - but there is a role for
facilitators to work with people in the organization to get things going and
provide support.  So I wanted to reach out and see if there are some other
practitioners out there whose work is aligned with some of the key
principles we're working with (self-organization, looking for what works v.
what's wrong, engage whole systems, etc.) and who have experience using AI
in hospitals so we can start identifying some resources ahead of the curve
and begin learning from others' experience.  I'd love to hear from folks and
I'd be happy to share more of what we've been up to so far!  * lisa
<http://www.positivedeviance.org/>

Lisa Kimball, Executive Producer
Group Jazz, Suite 440
5335 Wisconsin Ave. NW