SV: Action marketplace and action planning

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Mon Jan 30 14:57:47 PST 2006

Dear friends
There are so many threads in this thread. Just a few things/experiences I
come to think of.
Action wall:
* When I´ve used an action wall I have also included what´s been posted
there, in the book of proceedings. That this will be the case has been
clearly stated at the outset. And people are invited to join - during the
event and they´ve been invited again in the book of proceedings. For me this
is plainly offering an opportunity - usually I use this procedure when it´s
a short event without "real" actionplanning. Just in case anyone wants to
take this great chance to find someone crazy about the same idea! Then -
whatever happens with it...

Supporting connections
* List of participants including contact-info, of course.
* On a number of occasions we´ve put up some kind of post-conference-space
where the proceedings are posted, for continuous collaboration. To me it
seems that people (especially when from many different organization) seem
reluctant to join in - of course everything is highly dependent on HOW all
this is done! Most folks today have so many different spaces where they
communicate so one more is just one too much... But of course, if the energy
is hight enough it works.
* I´ve not yet tried a follow up conference using OS-online - but I sure
will!
* I always facilitate a follow up meeting and since last 6 months also
include an evaluation meeting in all of my work with OST. These meetings are
a way to open the space up again - and the results are always communicated
to all who took part in the OS-meeting. With an invitation to join, if
they´re interested. Often these meeting are open to everyone who took part
in the OS-meeting.
* Of course, it´s much easier within organizations - staffmeetings etc.
During the follow up meeting they always work at how to keep the
post-event-space open.

My two öre
Thomas Herrmann