Keepin' Busy

Glory Ressler on.the.edge at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 24 04:45:00 PST 2006

Thanks Doug!
Your appreciation (keep it comin' bro - lol) stimulated me into remembering
another meaningful story about OS/OST...

In my work developing and delivering a pan-Canadian (schools held across the
country) leadership school for the non-profit sector, Open Space Technology
was extensively used in conjunction with story circles, which we called
'Great Conversations'.

One result was that leaders participating from the Canadian far north began
to see how their personal and organizational visions connected to each other
and to the larger community. As a result, they are now pursuing a
territorial coalition/network across non-profit sub-sectors with a focus on
"building healthy communities." This was determined to be the focus that
would potentially include the largest group of non-profits organizations
possible.

This group also had a breakthrough concerning challenges around
collaborating with the aboriginal peoples of the area (which has been
historically unsuccessful - think silos). They came to realize that they
needed to listen more to the aboriginal stories before offering their own -
and to learn from their experience rather than assume that had something to
teach.

Glory :-)