WC and OS in the classroom

miworld 01316692943 at uwclub.net
Wed Jan 4 01:58:54 PST 2006

Hello Melinda. My university experience was all shared learning, with
action learning sets for small (local) groups and open space for lager
(national) groups. My first experience of Open Space was at the
university residential and it took a wee while to come to terms with the
fact that we (the students) were not being lectured to or taught in the
traditional sense. The results were phenomenal however, once the penny
dropped. The variety and depth of the information explored, shared and
discovered was compounded by the ownership of the whole process (or so
we thought at the time) by the learners. The work was peer assessed and
small groups (about 5 people) worked in action learning sets with a
tutor to support each other. The open space was with large groups of
students (15-20 people) who came together from all over the UK to share
learning three times a year.

Part of the course was very unstructured with guidelines and boundaries
rather than a 'normal' course. I am more than happy to answer any
questions you may have if I can help.

Jane
Email : jane at miworld.org.uk

Jane Quinn
miworld consultancy limited
miworld, miresponsibility
'     0131 669 8911
Mob   0783 454 2686
fax     0131 669 2943
*     jane at miworld.org.uk
web   www.miworld.org.uk

 Member of BNI Dunedin, Chapter of the Year for 2005 for BNI  South &
East Scotland