concept networks & systems thinking/dynamic modeling

Patricia Haines levelgreen at kaxy.com
Fri Jan 27 05:55:40 PST 2006

a useful tool related to the concept network is Systems Thinnking/Dynamic Modeling, or System
Dynamics. Teaching/learning tool used in k-12, from kindergarten on up, corporate planning (Peter
Senge's SoL included), and advanced medical and scientific research - to explore by creating graphic
representations how everything is connected - extraordinary. System Dynamics leaders speak of it in
terms of "systems citizenship" - a way of understanding and engaging the world that all of us need
for navigating - and creating - a sustainable global future that works for everyone.

If any of you work with educators, k-12, higher education or community-based, you might check out
CLE June conference in northeastern Massachusetts. Four days, with folks from throughout the world,
that are like a full semester of grad school with none of the stress! educators and scholars totally
on an equal basis - extraordinary. I attach some basic information.

Patricia Haines
Director, Level Green Institute, Ithaca, NY
Co-Chair, Adult & Community Learning, U.S. Partnership for the Decade of Education for Sustainable
Development (uspartnership.org>