SV: The Pros and Cons of OST? (plus use of the word 'technology')

Jennifer Hurley JLHurley at hfadesign.com
Wed Jan 25 13:25:32 PST 2006

> In my profession of urban planning, I sometimes have trouble introducing ³Open
> Space Technology² because ³open space² is a technical term for space that has
> not been developed (does not have buildings on it‹parks, farms, etc.), and on
> top of that, the word is associated with a certain kind of planning and does
> not always have positive connotations.
>
> I¹ve often wished for a different name for OST!  ;)
>
> Jennifer Hurley
>

> On 30/11/2005, at 1:28 AM, Jack Ricchiuto wrote:
>
>>  I just refer to it simply as Open Space. I¹m fine with the formal name and
>> would be as fine if HO tomorrow announced it was now going to be known as
>> ³Eggplant Parmesan.² For me it¹s as much open space sociology as technology ­
>> as much about the people as the process, usually more about people than
>> process. This parallels one of my mantras that sociology usually trumps
>> technology.
>>

>>  Jack
>>

>>  __.__.__.__.__.__.__.__.__.__.__.__.__.__.__.__.__.__
>>
>>  jack ricchiuto
>>  two.one.six/three.seven.three/seven.four.seven.five
>>  www.designinglife.com <http://www.designinglife.com>  /
>> www.appreciativeleadership.com <http://www.appreciativeleadership.com>
>>     * * ==========================================================
>> unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
>> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:
>> http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html To learn about
>> OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs: http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

> unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

----------------
Hurley~Franks and Associates | Planning & Urban Design
1429 Walnut St., Ste. 601 | Philadelphia, PA 19102
P: 215-988-9440 | JLHurley at HFAdesign.com | http://www.hfadesign.com

Association for the New Urbanism in PennsylvaniA (ANUPA) |
http://www.anupa.org

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential
and/or proprietary information.  If you have received this in error, please
contact the sender by replying to this message and delete this material from
any system it may be on.