open space poetry

Tree Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 10:19:54 PST 2006

I just attended a dazzling event in open space, co-convened by many
including Peggy Holman, known and loved by many on the list.  I myself made
innumerable, priceless contributions.  But my favorite one might be this
song, co-written by our own Chris Corrigan.  Poetry, really.  This poem/song
captures open space events, I think.

*Euphoric Bullshit*

by Nancy White, Kenoli Oleari and Chris Corrigan and 90 amused muses

We come into the circle with our passions and resolve
We each have a lot of issues that we really want to solve
But we all start a talkin', and things get out of hand
So take a little breath (breath) and settle down and we'll ease into the
plan

CHORUS:
Euphoric bullshit is the name of the game
We take the sacred and we make it profane
You can't come in, unless you bear your pain
Euphoric bullshit is the name of the game

We're calling a lot of sessions, with various intents
Some get a little bit impatient as we sit upon the fence
But emergence growing edges will carry us all along
We are but one great voice in the universal song

Chorus

Instrumental break

Now the time has come for us to go out into the world
And throw our great intentions into the cosmic swirl
Hey you don't need to worry that these things will come to pass
Because evolution's arrow will kick you in the ass

Chorus

--
Warmly,
Tree Fitzpatrick