Optimal Time-Slots

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Thu Feb 23 20:02:10 PST 2006

I echo other's preference for 1.5 hours, especially when the physical layout
requires more time in between sessions for people to get from here to there.
Gives people the time and space they so rarely get to think together more
deeply.  But I've also advocated for shorter session times so that we could
fit in at least three sessions and convergence if we have less than 1.5
days.

About 5 years ago I opened the space with the Sales Team for the Arizona
Diamondbacks Baseball Team.  We held it in a stadium suite with adjacent
suites acting as breakout spaces.  Passing time was less than a minute.
Their convening question had to do with what the issues and opportunities
were for hitting a specific sales target.  The Diamondbacks had just won the
World Series so the energy was very high.  We had allowed for 1.5 hours for
each session but most sessions only lasted between 30 - 45 minutes.  The
casual chatting in between sessions was just as rich as many of the sessions
themselves.

As I reflect on this, I see that allowing the full 1.5 hours gave these
folks, who hardly ever see each other in person because they are out in the
field selling, selling, selling, the opportunity to just hang together and
build their group momentum toward a record breaking sales season.

Thanks for asking the question, Brendan.

Christine

Christine Whitney Sanchez
KAIROS Alliance Inc.
2717 E. Mountain Sky Avenue