great article: OS in recent high-tech gathering

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Thu Feb 23 09:32:36 PST 2006

I've never taken straw polls but I've seen it.  To do so in the middle of
the offerings being made slows things down and seems premature until all the
agenda offerings are made and to do so later introduces a level of
complexity that also inhibits flow.  Having people nsign up for sessions
gives an indication of interest, but in my experience, if a session is too
big for it's space, the convenors usually find a way to swap with others or
to relocate.

On another topic, if you look at their conference web page, that they seemed
to have belnded pre-existing sessions with spontaneous market place
offerings.

Nice blending.

More at: http://www.mashupcamp.com/

Chris