evolving agendas

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.de
Sun Feb 19 23:48:42 PST 2006

Dear List,
as participant I really get pissed when the facilitator gives me the
available time only peacemeal and messes with my strategic approach to
manage my time or not.
As facilitator I observe that all agendas evolve all the time...under
the conditions of self-organisation and less through some "intervention"
of well intentioned facilitators, of course, and also by including
agenda creation time at the natural opportunities
-after the introduction into the technology (for all the time the system
is together)
-all the time during the event (I replace the black markers used in the
beginning with red markers after the initial agenda creation session
while the participants move around in the market phase so that
"additional" issues clearly stand out when people come to the agenda
wall during the event and announce this detail, of course)
-in the evening news at the end of day 1
-in the morning news of day 2 (day 3, which is usually half a day, there
is no more time for further issues...am waiting to see after having
facilitated 135 events if someone will ever come up with further issues
on the end of day 2 or at the beginning of day 3).

Just got into the door after a 3 day (Friday afternoon, all of Saturday
and Sunday afternoon)gathering of 120 church folks on the future of
their church district (15 parishes): 56 issues worked and 18 Next Step
agreements with a next meeting on May 5...all documented ready to take
along as they left the meeting. Of the 56 issues posted, 52 went up
right at the beginning, the other 4 (in red) were added during the first
and second day and announced in evening news of day 1 and morning news
of day 2.
Four participants got up in morning news of day 2 to encourage, remind,
ask ... people to dig deeper and committed themselves to also do
so...this was less a particular issue but a broader concern addressing
the whole system (this does happen occasionally) on a spiritual level.
Off to Turkey for a week to work with Funda of spreading open space there!
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49-30-772 8000
www.boscop.de   www.michaelmpannwitz.de

Check out the new Open Space World Map now with 386 resident Open Space
Workers in 65 countries (working in a total of 119 countries worldwide)
www.openspaceworldmap.org