OS LIST

Diane Brandon diane.brandon at comcast.net
Fri Feb 10 05:50:24 PST 2006

Thanks, Eric,

I just went to the archives, and found the option
  LISTSERV-style, with list name in subject	[SUBJECTHDR]

and clicked on it. Then I hit "subscribe" (this seemed like an odd
command, as I just wanted to "change option" but there wasn't a choice
like that). I then got the email message below:

Confirming:
 > SUBSCRIBE OSLIST Diane Brandon WITH SUBJECTHDR
Your subscription options have been changed to SUBJECTHDR.

However, when I went back to the archives, the setting seems to have
reverted to the older one. I guess I'll just wait and see if the new
setting "takes."

Could you (I assume you are list manager), set it so we all get, in the
subject line, [OSLIST] then the subject
?

I manage 4 lists, and I am able to set it up with that default, so
everyone gets that style of subject line header.

I use an iBook (Apple), with Mail, not Outlook. I don't really want to
have multiple email folders, as Jim suggested. I like seeing my email
come in without having to click around various folders..... some sort
of chaos/synchronicity thing that I enjoy! (I like to know who is at
the door, but not have different types come to different doors.)

Diane Brandon
Eliot, Maine