Announcing a new Poet Laureate

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Tue Feb 7 20:05:04 PST 2006

A poetic hello to you all.

Joelle announced that I have been selected by your virtual sticky-dots
to be your next Poet Laureate.  Thank you for this incredible honor and
I follow in some very big footsteps, considering the Poet Laureates and
Poet Kings who have gone before me and the delightful satirical poems my
playful colleagues wrote at Joelle's invitation.

Chris wrote:
<Well, Lisa displays excellent convergence tendencies in holding the
titles of Access Queen AND OSLIST Poet Laureate>

The thing about being -both- Access Queen and OSLIST Poet Laureate is:
I can wear the same tiara for both.

(For those of you for whom English is a second language, a tiara is a
little half circle of jewels like a crown that one can wear for formal
occasions.  'Tiara' is also the name of the triple crown worn by the
Pope, by the way.  I'm talking about the little jewel one - looks great
with jeans and ball gowns alike.good with full-length formal silk gloves
and with gardening gloves, matches everything.)

Joelle wrote:

<A deep bow>

Backatcha, girlfriend.

(for my English as second language colleagues - a fusion of 'back at
you' - and please imagine me bowing to Joelle withOUT losing my tiara.)

L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
O p e n i n g  S p a c e
2325 Oregon