Paper: "Convergence Approaches" - and other papers and resources

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Thu Feb 2 19:17:31 PST 2006

Hello, Maria -

Maria wrote:
< I've had the opportunity to open several one-day Open Space events but
never had the opportunity for a 2-day event until now. My first
thought...."Convergence....I've never done it the OS way. How do I do it
well?" And the answer was your timely reference to the Convergence
segment on your website. A million thanks for the treasure trove of
ideas you've organized from OST facilitators across the world. Maria

Thank you - and I am so glad it was helpful to you, and it is indeed my
pleasure to share learning with all of you, my fellow colleagues.

For those of you marvelous people who are new to the list, welcome (!!)
and you may find some of these resources and papers at my website useful
- either for your own learning or to share with your clients or learners
in your own workshops.  And I always welcome it if you would like to
translate any of these materials and just give me back a copy - so I can
post them on this site and our own OSworld site for more sharing (for
example, the home page article on my website describing the process of
Open Space is now available in English, Swedish-thank-you-Eva and
Spanish-thank-you-Pablo -- and the Glossary of terms is growing into
many more languages).

For a selection of resource and papers go to http://www.openingspace.net
<http://www.openingspace.net/>   and click on the left-hand navigation
bar: Open Space Technology / The Method
(or go directly to:
http://www.openingspace.net/openSpaceTechnology_method.shtml )
See also there Resources for OST Practitioners.

If you look on the little horizontal yellow bar on that page you will
see you can also click on Glossary for multi-language translations of
some of the words and phrases we use in Open Space (Arabic translation
being added soon, thanks to the wonderful Carol Daniel Kasbari !).
Or for Glossary go directly to:
http://www.openingspace.net/glossary.shtml

And if you or your clients or people you teach would like to see photos
of the Open Space process, click on Gallery in the upper right-hand
corner of the website pages
Or go directly to: http://www.openingspace.net/gallery/agora.cgi  -
"Anatomy of an Open Space Event" is a good photo series for this.

Enjoy, share, translate and we'll share some more.  Stay tuned for a
database I am making that is a sort of answer to "Yes, Open Space is
also used in THIS setting / field / culture."

Lisa

___________________________
L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
O p e n i n g  S p a c e
2325 Oregon
Berkeley, California
94705-1106   USA
+01 510 548-8449
 <mailto:lisaheft at openingspace.net> lisaheft at openingspace.net
 <http://www.openingspace.net> www.openingspace.net

OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To
subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:
OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs: