coffee

Gerard Muller gm at openspace.dk
Thu Dec 14 16:54:19 PST 2006

Hello Ted,

In my experience, in cases where OS is one of the (paralel) activities
in a larger conference,
usually the starting point is that the OS schedule must adapt to the
"general" schedule.

Don't take this as a given, would be my suggestion. Over the years, I
have moved from assuming
that a framework was in place which was a given I could accept or not,
to deciding I joined a team,
then was part of a team that was committed to create as much synergy as
possible between various
activities.

First of all, while it is sort of convenient to be there at the start
of a "normal" presentation,
that is not necessary at all for the OS sessions. So why not have for
example 3 OS sessions
paralel to 2x 90+30 ?

Second, based on our experience last year, the WikiSym crowd is likely
to be rather
more flexible than most.

Thirdly, it is still some time until WikSym 2007 will happen. Why
speculate on possible solutions
if the schedule cannot be changed instead of changing the schedule ? I
would say your starting position
is much better than last year, when those you were talking to did not
really know what OS was.

Greetings from across the Big Pond,

Gerard Muller
Open Space Institute Denmark
Phone: (+45) 21269621					Skype: openspace1
Mail: gm at openspace.dk