which to give up - morning or evening news?

Diana Larsen dlarsen at futureworksconsulting.com
Thu Dec 14 15:51:13 PST 2006

Ted,

I feel your pain. After having wrestled with the jellyfish of
planning an OS within a traditional conference a few times now, I'm
ready to cry "uncle!" I think you're doing really well to get any
time for evening news _or_ morning announcements. I had hold my
ground to have opening and closing times set aside (and, in one case,
space as well).

When I asked the list about opening space within a traditional
conference, Harrison said he doesn't do it. I'd been recruited, so I
tried to make it work. Now I'm converted to his position. ;-) Open
Space only conferences for me.

And, since it the situation you've got...If you want participants to
show up for the closing OS within a traditional conference, I suggest
sticking to the evening news slot. Gets them in the habit of ending
the day in OS, and gives a greater chance they'll show up for closing.

Good Luck!
Diana

Diana Larsen
503-288-3550 www.futureworksconsulting.com
co-author, "Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great!"
Amazon Best Books of 2006
Top Ten Editors' Picks:  computer & internet
http://tinyurl.com/ynacvb

Attend "Agile Open Northwest 2007: Agile for Real" January 30-31
2007, Portland OR
http://www.agileopennorthwest.org