Interesting Press

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Sun Dec 17 06:30:52 PST 2006

The "Monday Morning Manager" column of the Canada wide paper the "Globe
and Mail, "Report on Business", had a very interesting paragraph titled,
Conferences: Learning to Self-Organize.  I did not know that the author
had even heard of Open Space Technology, but he wrote a small piece on
how to be a better participant in OST meetings, because they are
becoming more popular.  I think he stole it from another consultant's
blog (Scott Berkun) with a focus on IT "unconferences".  But he did
mention the "Open Space concept".  The article encourages participants
to put up "tough topics" to pick topics "you always wanted to talk
about" and to not walk into a discussion with a "fixed position".

I think the work of Deb Hartman and others in bringing OST into the
Agile and XP programming communities is getting some notice here in
Toronto.  It is great that OST is just assumed as a growing way to hold
conferences and that learning how to participate better is being
encouraged.

Interesting.

Larry

Larry Peterson