oslist spam weirdness explained

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Mon Dec 11 21:25:16 PST 2006

hi all, got a bit of news about the recent techie weirdness around
here, spam messages and such.  the guy at boise state who keeps this
whole thing humming tells me that he's been experimenting (in fits and
starts) with some new spam filtering software, and having some trouble
getting it all set-up and tuned exactly right.  which is just to say
that the folks we need in recent moments of weirdness are indeed on
the job and aware of what's happening.  so not to worry if we see some
more moments like we have recently.  just know that it's just a bit of
construction and testing and that it won't last forever.  in the
meantime, consider that whatever messages get through are the right
messages!  :-)

--

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates