In Praise of Murli

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Fri Dec 1 11:45:51 PST 2006

Many people have commented on the quality and vitality of this wonderful
OSLIST. Some have even wondered how we did it - hoping to copy the approach
for their own organization. Needless to say they were disappointed to learn
that OSLIST seems to happen pretty much by itself - self organizing as it
were. Well that is almost true, but there is one well kept secret.

Some many years ago Murli Nagasundaram came to an Open Space event, an
OSONOS I believe. As he was leaving he asked whether we might want a
listserve in order to stay in contact. And since he worked for Boise State
in something to do with computers, he could and would make the necessary
arrangements. All the rest is history, but part of that history has been a
well kept secret - Murli. I can't ever remember seeing him online, nor can I
remember ever seeing him face-to-face again. But not a day goes by that I am
not thankful for his continuing presence, and of course also for the
computer capacity of Boise State. They run OSLIST as a public service, we
have never been charged - and when things get a little screwy, as recently -
the fix is virtually instantaneous.

So here's to Murli with many thanks!

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20854
Phone 301-365-2093
Skype hhowen
Open Space Training www.openspaceworld.com <http://www.openspaceworld.com/>

Personal website www.ho-image.com
OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives
Visit: www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html
<http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>