OSLIST Digest - 23 Aug 2006 (#2006-220)

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Thu Aug 24 14:53:37 PDT 2006

Re: OSLIST Digest - 23 Aug 2006 (#2006-220)Hi Ralph,

Thanks so much for your perspective on this.  It is both personally affirming and a very valuable mirror for larger work.

I sure hear you on forcing intimacy!  And there is something very rich about going both deep and broad collectively.  I think we were well served by holding that as an intention without it being an imposition or expectation.

I'm looking forward to sharing what I'm learning about the evolutionary stuff through the salons, reading, and my own experiences.   A couple shorts - OS is the most elegant way I know to create the conditions for emergence in social systems.  It took me a while to figure out what the relationship is between emergence and evolution.  The way I've come to look at it is that emergence is the growing edge or the learning edge of evolution; it's the place where the leaps in novelty occur.

More soon,
Peggy