OSLIST Digest - 23 Aug 2006 (#2006-220)

Ralph Copleman rcopleman at comcast.net
Thu Aug 24 10:45:47 PDT 2006

Peggy and all,

Quite a story.  My hat is off to you for work very, very well done.

A few personal reactions...

€ The person who said your bell-ringing was unnecessary was cruel and rude.
I can find no excuse for such poor behavior.  He owes you an apology.  You
owe him nothing.  Just because you¹re a facilitator and serving the
community does not give anyone the right to pick on you in public.

€ Folks who make actual requests for intimacy as an outcome of a meeting may
have issues about their own inability to create and/or participate in
intimate relationships.  Breadth from depth is a good concept, but I don¹t
want ³depth² prescribed or forced on me by a few folks who think they know
what¹s important for everyone.  As an introvert, I would hesitate to show up
at any gathering where the someone has deliberately set things up in this
way.  I certainly wouldn¹t want them applying this concept as an unconscious
way of dealing with their own needs.

€ I look forward to whatever further contributions you care to make about
the evolutionary/cosmological aspects of that meeting.  I¹m something of a
devotee of the ³new story².  I see the work I do in open space as the format
and dynamics most closely resembling the flaring forth and evolutional
history of existence and life.

Good going, Peg.  Congratulations.

Ralph Copleman