advanced butterfly

Harrison Owen hhowen at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 23 04:58:57 PDT 2006

Justin -- There are obviously places in this world for therapists and coaches, and the good ones can be extrodinarily helpful at particular moments in our lives. I am not sure that Jim Rush considers himself to be either, but it seems to me that the role he has set for himself falls somewhere under either or both of these models. I think that the function of Open Space is perhaps different and certainly broader, although a number of people (myself included) have found Open Space to be very powerful therapy, and for sure I find myself coached by masters in every Open Space, even if they never thought of themselves as "coaches." I have also heard it said among my coach and therapist friends that they are at their best when they do the least -- and best of all when it seems that they do nothing but open some doors and windows (space) so that the client/patient can do "it" all themselves.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Dr.
Potomac, MD  20854