Open Space for small groups

Zelle Nelson zelle at knowplacelikehome.com
Wed Aug 16 15:58:14 PDT 2006

Hi Justin,

I would echo the thoughts on small groups - it works. One thing I've
done with small groups as a participant and part time space holder is
to move locations with different topics. Sometimes getting up and
moving to a different part of the room or even a different room can
change the flow of the conversation.

In another small OS (12 people) that I held space for - at one point
early after the opening I needed to physically leave the room in
order to continue to hold space by getting out of the way as they
wanted me to facilitate a disagreement. I simply reminded them that
now that the os had begun it was their responsibility to work out
whatever needed to be worked out, and then I walked out. It was
exactly what they needed.

For ideas about how to practice democracy congruent with the flow of
open space see The Tao of Democracy by Tom Atlee - an incredible
resource.

with grace and love,

Zelle

Zelle Nelson
Know Place Like Home/Engaging the Soul at Work/State of Grace Document

www.knowplacelikehome.com
www.engagingthesoulatwork.com
www.stateofgracedocument.com

zelle at knowplacelikehome.com