Working with visual artists at an Open Space

Tree Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 17:45:25 PDT 2006

Thinking about Chris' artists. . . .

I mentioned, previously, that I was the registrar for a four-day OS event
recently.  Several participants indicated in advance that they would be
creating art at the event but, except for Nancy Marguilies's awesome graphic
resonance work, no artwork really got created.

It occurs to me that I wish I had affirmatively asked each of the artists,
in advance, and again as the workshop began, if they needed me, as
organizer, to provide something that would have helped them create art.  A
small thing, I see now, that I might have done to nurture art.  It takes so
little to ask 'how might I help you be you?'

--
Love rays,
Tree Fitzpatrick

. . . the great and incalculable grace of love, which says, with Augustine,
"I want you to be," without being able to give any particular reason for
such supreme and unsurpassable affirmation.  -- Hannah Arendt