Open Space for small groups

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Sat Aug 12 22:57:04 PDT 2006

you remind me of how i did this once without the hats, joelle.  it was
a public open space event.  i was convener of the day and opener.  i
rang the bells and sat down in the circle, explaining my own passion
and history with the topic, like anyone would when they convened a
breakout session.  when i was done, i stood up and walked the circle
in the usual opening ritual.  i used the sitting and standing
positions to punctuate my shifting between roles.  this was only one
day, so there wasn't a lot of shifting, but i'm sure it would work
well enough in longer events, as well.  m

--

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates
michael at michaelherman.com