Open Space for small groups

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Sat Aug 12 22:25:21 PDT 2006

Thanks, Michael and Jack for the great exploration of how to be an OS
facilitator when you are the group's regular leader.

Michael's comment about "wearing two hats" reminded me about Edward de Bono's
workshop "Six Hats," which of course is about the different roles people play
in groups.   He actually brings six hats, and has people put on the
appropriate one.   It's funky, but a learning tool.

Might not be a bad idea for this group, who are used to seeing Justin in one
role, AND are new to Open Space.   Two hats in hand somewhere in the opening
as a reminder that he is present in two roles, and occasional use of the
appropriate hat as a shorthand way of saying "I'm now acting as facilitator (or
participating as member/leader)."

Joelle