Open Space and Quality Assurance

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Mon Aug 7 12:25:58 PDT 2006

I think Open Space transcends quality assurance.  It's a tricky thing, but
to my mind quality assurance is about control.  How can you assure quality
when whatever happens is the only thing that could have?

You might instead write in the proposal about both/and.  In your project you
might use quality assurance processes to do some things, but then use Open
Space to ask the question, what else can we be?  What are the areas of
qualities that we don;t know about?  How much better can we get?

And the answers to these questions are "we don't know."  Your proposal then
becomes about why this is a GOOD thing.

Cheers,

Chris

On 8/7/06, Eva P Svensson <eva at epshumaninvest.se> wrote:

>  Hello out there!
>
> I am in the middle of writing a public procurement and will of course
> suggest Open Space as one way of working. One of the questions they are
> asking is about quality assurance – In my mind for example the way we
> operate here on this list, on our OS on OS's is really quality assurance!
>
> What do you think, how would you express a question about how we work with
> quality assurance for open space??
>
> Looking forward to hear your thoughts!
>
> All the best
>
> :o)
>
> Eva
>

> Bästa hälsningar
>

> Eva P Svensson
>
> EPS Human Invest AB
>
> *"Verksamhetsutveckling genom människor skapar långsiktigt välmående
> företag och organisationer!"*
>
> Anåsbergsvägen 22, 439 34  ONSALA
>
> Tfn: 0300-615 05, Mobil: 0706-89 85 50
>
> eva at epshumaninvest.se,  www.epshumaninvest.se