Open Space with Haiti's Minister of Education

John Engle john at johnengle.net
Sun Aug 27 20:12:08 PDT 2006

Greetings fellow listers.

My colleagues and I were graced with the opportunity we¹ve longed for.

We presented a keynote (Mac¹s version of powerpoint) presentation to Haiti¹s
Minister of Education this past Friday evening and followed it with an hour
and a half open space meeting.

Our theme: Education: Improvement through transformation...How can we do it?

The Minister, Gabriel Bien-Aime, was accompanied by several of his staff.
The dialogue in the small group discussions was great and all involved
expressed their enthusiasm. There were about 20 of us and the entire meeting
was filmed by Ministry¹s videographer. They also interviewed Fremy Cesar and
I the following morning for the Ministry¹s weekly television program which
is aired nationally.

The small group I participated in which was proposed by one of the members
of staff: ³What steps do we take to engage all sectors of society toward
improving Haiti¹s educational system?²

We¹ll see where it all goes.

It was made possible by a Haitian man who is the Minister¹s friend and who
participated in Haiti Open Space on Open Space this past June.

Our presentation also included the two other methods that my colleagues use
in schools and various groups in Haiti: Reflection Circles and Lectio
Divina.

I¹ll keep you posted on progress.

John
--