Texas and elsewhere...

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Sun Aug 27 20:11:07 PDT 2006

Hi, Jon -

You wrote:

(And what did you love about Texas btw??)

Well let me see.  I have done a few facilitation jobs in Texas - in Houston,
San Antonio and in the swamps of.well, it's what.east about an hour from
Houston?  And Fort Worth.

I'm afraid I did not get to see much of Fort Worth - just restaurants and
the neighborhood around that conference site.  But I met some smart and
creative people from the area at that conference.  In Houston there is a
fabulous museum, The Menil Collection (http://www.menil.org
<http://www.menil.org/> ), among other things.  And a dear friend of mine,
the artist and teacher, Patrick Palmer (http://www.patrickpalmerart.com
<http://www.patrickpalmerart.com/>  ), and some great folks who work in
southern US AIDS organizations who came to a workshop I gave there.  And
Jimmy Pryor, Diana Petrocelli and others on this list can share what
residents love about Houston.  In San Antonio there is a lovely group of
OpenSpaceniks, who I had the pleasure of working with as they learned Open
Space for use in their community. Warm, dedicated, playful and spiritual
folks.  Good food and nice walks.  Linda Ximenes and others can share what
they love about San Antonio.  And in the swamps I met also some fabulous
people who hosted a bunch of us from all over the US, plus I met some
raccoons, alligators, horses and other four-footed folk.

I'm so lucky that wherever I go for work, it is the kind of work (like Open
Space, AIDS education and other things involving co-learning) that draws
together really thoughtful, warm and creative people.

I always say I'm the luckiest girl in the world because of the work I get to
do and the people I get to work with.Texas and other parts of the US,
Zambia, Canada, Brazil, Spain, South Africa, and other marvelous places.
But I've never been to Oxford.

What do you love about Oxford?

Cheers from Berkeley, California, USA,

Lisa