What to do while the proceedings are being printed?

Claudia Haack claudia at kairosalliance.com
Sat Aug 5 10:23:16 PDT 2006

Hi Greg and welcome to the list!
I recently did a similar thing for a non-profit.  We only had about 50
participants but did two things:
We printed out one large font version of each report-out as soon as they
become available and put them on the sticky wall.  Once all the second
session topics were in that got printed so that only one last batch had to
be printed.  That gives people a lot to look at and mull over, recognize
patterns, recurring themes etc.  In this case, people started to "organize"
on the wall while they were taking their "break".   Since that was so
spontaneous, they ended up literally standing with those groups of themes
that they most related with and it provided a great visual closing.  The
final reports became somewhat a non-issue at that point, because they had
digested so much already.

And to add to Christine's response.  At the "training", the first OS was a
"demo" so to speak that we intended for people to have something relevant to
learn with.  As it turned out, the issues raised were very meaningful to the
participants and they really needed something "hard-copy" to hold on to for
their next steps.

Warmly - Claudia

Claudia Haack
KAIROS Alliance, Inc.