innovative organizations

Mark R. Jones (AT&T) mark_r_jones at att.net
Fri Apr 28 16:47:15 PDT 2006

Hmmmmmmm . . .

WARNING:  Herein is a rather lengthy reply
---------------------------------

The relationship between:
   (7)  Living in OS as an integral wellness practice for the transformation
of (individual  and
         collective ) consciousness — Self | Other | The Whole
   (8)   Radiant Networking — Practices of Peace — Integral Wellness
is that #7 is the "lived into" experience, and #8 is the current manifested
forms.

 What follows is explanatory material regarding:
   *  Radiant Networking
   *  Practice of Peace
   *  Integral Wellness

You has asked for an explanation of "Radiant Networking".
This definition was first codified from a pilot implemented in 2004 by Anne
Stadler,
Candi Foon, and myself in 2004.

The pure definition of "Radiant Networking" is:
     Radiant Networking is a gift exchange, honoring, supporting,
     and  amplifying the life force in any situation, relationship, or
     place on the planet.

The Process of "Radiant  Networking" is:
  *  Traveling teams consisting of people available to assist --
       for whom the "calling activity" has heart and meaning --
       all responding to trandscendent guidance of compassion and wisdom.
  *  Teams or persons living in a place who are listening for and
       supporting indigenous leadership and evolving possibilities,

 The Form of "Radiant  Networking" involves:
   *  Assembling traveling teams qualified in leadership, diplomacy,
facilitation,
        relationship management, spiritual development, . . .
   *  Sending traveling  teams to sites where projects/activities are
occurring
   *   Convening and/or facilitating meetings in support of the
projects/activities
   *  Using the meetings/seminars and  travel to develop local leadership
capacity
        of supported  organizations and projects/activities
   *  Providing  follow-up as required / requested
   *  Developing and maintaining website which contains resources, stories,
tools,
        and interactive connectivity supporting and amplifying projects and
activities
    *  Fund-raising comes from travel team members, supported
projects/activities,
       and philanthropic entities
   *  Travel team members and philanthropic entities are the organization
members

The Inquiry that one uses for discerning "Radiant Networking" activities is:
  *  Does this have heart and meaning for me ?
  *  Does working with this configuration of people have heart and meaning
for me ?
  *  In what ways does this have heart and meaning for the people proposing
it ?
  *  What "guidance" has been received regarding this project ?
  *  What is the life force potential in the situation ?
  *  Is there local leadership and resource capacity to carry it off ?
  *  What is the model for generating wealth and wellness ?
  *  In what ways is the wealth model a gift exchange ?
  *  How does the wealth model create sustainable abundance ?
  *  What is the plan for communicating the learning worldwide ?

The Funding Strategy for Sustaining "Radiant Networking" is:
  When you receive money as a gift for assisting someone thru  "Radiant
Networking",

  Ask the following:
    *  What % goes to supporting "Radiant Networking" (the "Fund") ?
    *  What % goes to you?
    *  What % goes to an organization of your choice in "Radiant Networking"
?

  Then distribute the resources  accordingly.

 Inspired by what Peggy Holman was doing in 2003 regarding implementing a
new
 community-held form of Harrison's "The Practice of Peace", I put together a
 Buddhist dharma piece on the "Practice of Peace" as a spiritual practice.
 Candi Foon and I then built experiments around it.  This is now my personal
 practice for embodying the practice of "Radiant Networking".

                                THE PRACTICE OF PEACE

 “THE VIEW”
My view of “the world”, including my delusions and distortions about
reality, myself, and others —
➢    The view (“drishti”) as the unification of my spiritual intentions,
mental discipline, energy,
       attention, and tenacity in living my life subordinated to The
Practice of Peace by:
  o    Directly discovering and understanding my own true natural state
  o    Attaining stability and vanquishing doubt in my direct experience
  o    Achieving confidence in liberation through constant integration
➢    The tactical view which considers the effects of my karma extending out
at least seven
       generation
➢    The Bodhisattva Vow which is sourced from the View that
       From now until reaching perfect understanding,
        For the benefit of all sentient beings without exception;
         I shall engage in the practice of the direct experience of Life —
day and night.
         Sentient beings are numberless:    I vow to liberate them.
         Delusions are inexhaustible:          I vow to transcend them.
         The teachings are boundless:        I vow to master them.
         “Presence” is unsurpassable:         I vow to embody it !

 “THE MEDITATION” (Intention)
My engagement in contemplation to purify and remedy my mind in order to
manifest my highest view —
➢    Metta:    The practice of Loving-Kindness —
            The Heart / Mind becomes unconditionally open, encompassing all
that
            is, as it really is, with acceptance, awareness, and compassion
➢    Vajra-Metta (Tong-Len):    The practice of Loving-Kindness employing
subtle energy
➢    Moksha:    The practice and direct experience of “Presence”

 “THE ACTION” (Speech | Behavior | Livelihood | Effort)
My communications, behaviors, and pursuits which manifest my highest
intention —
➢    Yoga:  The discipline and practice of living my life subordinated to my
highest intention
  o    Sight:              Mandala and Art
  o    Sound              Mantra (Chanting) and Music
  o    Movement:          “Yoga” and Dance and Sports
  o    Physical Health:  Diet and Breath and Exercise
  o    Mental health:      Mental and Emotional Attunement
  o    Integration:      Family and Livelihood and Community and Theater
➢    Life:  The direct experience of living my life subordinated to my
highest intention
  o    Basing my conduct on the practice of Generosity
  o    Demonstrating consistent Ethical Discipline
  o    Embracing and encouraging Patience
  o    Exemplifying Diligence
  o    Being Mindful — fully present and aware of myself, others, and each
situation / moment
  o    Cultivating personal and collective Discriminating Insight
  o    Developing and exercising Skillful Means in all situations
  o    Demonstrating and encouraging Compassion
  o    Developing and exercising Inner Strength
  o    Continually developing my Awareness
➢    Relationship:  The practice of “Presence” in my spiritual efforts to
open and awaken
       my heart and mind to – self, family, work, community, world, and all
sentient beings

"Integral Wellness" was the result of collaboration of Candi S. Foon,
Michael
Lindfield, Mark Yeoell, and myself (Mark R. Jones) when we
founded the Integral Wellness Group in Seattle, WA.  The Integral
Wellness Group (IWG) came together in 2005 because each of us as
founding partners had observed, and were concerned about the
“tragedy of our healthcare system”.  We concluded that the U.S.
healthcare system was dysfunctional and was damaging consumers
(patients), employers, taxpayers, government, insurers, and healthcare
service providers.  It occurred to us that our healthcare systems were
in danger of permanently undermining the well-being of our nation
through our individual attitudes and behaviors, and through our
collective policies and practices.  We were further dismayed to discover
that healthcare was not systematically targeted at high-leverage
opportunities — according to AHRQ MEPS 1999 healthcare resource
usage demographics data:
  * 1% of the population uses 27% of the healthcare resources
  * 5% of the population uses 55% of the healthcare resources
  * 44% of the population uses 15% of the healthcare resources
  * 34% of the population uses  3% of the healthcare resources
  * 16% of the population uses  0% of the healthcare resources

When I presented Anne Stadler with our deliberations, she immediately went
into "Just Do It" mode with me -- so I figured that we better do it :-)

IWG determined that well-crafted “wellness programs” could offer an
effective means of increasing overall wellness in populations, managing
healthcare costs, and increasing happiness and productivity.

We began exploring the establishment of "Integral Wellness Centers" as a
means of delivering our integral wellness programs and establishing
integral wellness communities that were dedicated to "Health Resource
Optimization".

We have framed our work around principles of a "Health Resource
Optimization" paradigm:

  *  Health is a generative, sustainable, and renewable Resource
  *  Health is a natural resource with profound economic implications
  *  Health is an economic resource with profound cultural implications
  *  Health is a cultural resource with profound political implications
  *  Health is a political resource with profound social implications
  *  Health is a social resource with a profound impact on the world
  *  The Health Resource is abundant and affordable for everyone
  *  Wellness means individually and collectively taking responsibility
       for Self, Other. and the Whole
  *  Healthy lifestyle adoption and sustainability is greatly enhanced by
       the company of others.  “Community” is more powerful than individual
       effort. This is an effective antidote to recidivism.

Our "one pager" lays it out as follows -----------------

                         INTEGRAL WELLNESS GROUP

Integral Wellness Group is a consulting firm and Management & Integration
(M&I)
Contractor that specializes in working on high-leverage, high-impact
problems -- like
healthcare.

Our efforts provoke profound shifts in individual and organizational
consciousness --
where "Consciousness" is the awareness, assumptions, and beliefs that people
use
(knowingly or unknowingly), that shape what and how they think, say, and do
in our
relationships with themselves, others, and the world around them.

Albert Einstein said that “You cannot solve a problem at the same level it
was created.
You have to go to a higher level.”  At the IWG, we translate and understand
Einstein’s
wisdom to mean: You cannot solve a problem at the same level of
consciousness that
created it.  You have to go to a higher level of consciousness and transform
it.

IWG "Human Technologies" provoke breakthroughs in clarity, trust, and
innovation --
using insights, processes, systems, and tools that transform consciousness
through
the integration of the five interrelated Human Technologies approaches:
  (1)  Consciousness (Self-Awareness)
  (2)  Whole-Person (physical | emotional | intellectual | consciousness)
  (3)  Whole-System  (all Stakeholders)
  (4)  Community | Relationships (Interconnectedness)
  (5)  Whole-Life Cycle (Continuity)

The four current partners of IWG each contribute essential experience and
skills that make
IWG an effective consulting firm and Management & Integration (M&I)
Contractor.  Each
partner has extensive experience working with executive management, and
throughout the
entire client organization.  Two members have themselves served in executive
capacities.

  *  Mark R. Jones, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) — Integral Wellness Group
       --  Large-Scale Systems Integration & Enterprise Management
       --  Organizational & Operational Effectiveness & Efficiency
       --  Informatics

  *  Candi S. Foon, Chief Operations Officer (COO) — Integral Wellness Group
       --  Consumer & Employee Relations
       --  Personal Development & Effectiveness
       --  Wellness Services & Management

  *  Mark Yeoell, Chief Personal Development Officer (CPDO) — Integral
Wellness Group
       --  Business Strategy Development
       --  Personal Development & Effectiveness
       --  Health & Wellness Administration

  *  Michael Lindfield, Chief Practice Officer (CPO) — Integral Wellness
Group
       --  Community Development & Capacity-Building
       --  Organizational Development & Effectiveness
       --  Board Development & Governance

As a consulting firm and Management & Integration (M&I) Contractor,
IWG has identified its areas of interest as:
  *  Wellness & Healthcare
  *  Food
  *  Energy
  *  Water
  *  Infrastructure (Spiritual | Information | Physical | Social | Economic)

We have been exploring opportunities for collaboration in investigating
and discovering the benefits of implementing healthcare strategies based
on individual (personal) and collective (community) awareness and
responsibility.  For our part, we use a whole-systems design and whole-
person approach to optimize wellness through prevention and
intervention.  Our hypothesis is that we can positively impact health
and wellness measures and metrics by leveraging our insights and
processes.  The results of such investigations would be intended to
measure the effectiveness (or ineffectiveness) of comprehensive integral
wellness approaches.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you . . .

Mark R. Jones
Chief Executive Officer
The Sunyata Group
The Integral Wellness Group