Invitation to May Evolutionary Salon

Eric Lilius elilius at halhinet.on.ca
Tue Apr 18 15:14:03 PDT 2006

Tree
It showed up in my email ....twice.
I guess I got Harrison's.

Eric

Tree Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Dear OS Colleagues:
>
> It is a great honor to invite you to the May Evolutionary Salon, which
> will be a wonderful open space gathering.  We only have a few spaces
> left . . . and they will be filled . . . but I would love to welcome
> some additional open space colleagues.
>
> Recently we convened two extraordinary multi-day "Evolutionary
> Salons". These gatherings engaged over 100 visionaries and leaders
> from around the world, people who are re-shaping their fields of
> expertise and/or advancing their work by means of an emerging
> evolutionary perspective and inquiry.
>
> We are inviting you to Evolutionary Salon 3, the theme of which is
> "LISTENING INTO THE FUTURE: WHAT IS CALLING?  A DEEP EXPLORATION INTO
> EVOLUTION, WHERE WE ARE GOING AND WHERE WE MIGHT GO AS A PLANET."
> Salon 3 is scheduled for May 20-24, 2006 at the Chinook Center, a
> remarkable retreat setting located on Whidbey Island, an hour north of
> Seattle, Washington. If you already feel the call to this event, you
> can register at this link:
> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=234701845896
>
> Our shared inquiry has been framed by a set of questions that have
> continued to unfold and deepen with each subsequent salon. In addition
> to sensing into the highest potential future that wants to emerge, we
> will be exploring the dynamic tensions inherent in such a collective
> endeavor.
>
> When we think of the kind of future we wish to bequeath to future
> generations, we imagine one in which we finally have found ways to
> live in harmony with each other and the other inhabitants of this
> planet and are consciously and ethically engaged in the most
> fascinating explorations of our human potential.
>
> We have a lot to learn to bring about a sustainable and evolutionary
> future. But unless we learn to learn in new ways, we will not be able
> to transcend the interrelated set of global problems facing us today.
> By recognizing that we cannot create a new society with the same ways
> of thinking that got us here, the Salon Planning Team has focused
> their work on envisioning a new form of education dedicated to the
> development of the competencies and sensitivities for individuals and
> groups to purposefully design experiences of community that are
> learning oriented, self-empowering, environmentally sustainable, and
> evolutionary.
>
> In contrast to other social change approaches that project the present
> into the future, we seek to transcend current realities by asking big
> questions and in engaging in the creation of new systems and ways of
> thinking.
>
> We very much want to invite youth leaders and a wide range of ethnic
> and racial diversities to join in this conversation.
>
> The theme of the first salon, held in central California in May 2005,
> was "Evolutionary Directionality, Emergent Complexity and the Future
> of Humanity".  The theme of the second salon, held at the Whidbey
> [...]

http://www.haliburtonfolk.com
http://savethefrostcentre.ca
http://www.environmenthaliburton.ca
Eric Lilius
Box 27
(1563 Eagle Lake Road)
Eagle Lake, ON  K0M 1M0
CANADA W78.34.12/N45.07.09
705-754-9859
705-754-9860 (fax)

"Ultimately what we're touching is the invisible, all-pervasive Intelligence
that surrounds us and penetrates us. It is grooming us to be able to
tolerate its splendor. It can't just reveal itself openly because we would
be forfeited; we'd never know what hit us."
                                                                                      Terence McKenna