SOS for OS!

Diane Brandon diane.brandon at comcast.net
Sun Apr 9 05:28:51 PDT 2006

Frank, if there's an email list for the Intentional Communities folks,
how about sending out one saying something like "anyone else on this
list have experience with Open Space Technology? I'd like to experiment
with using OS at an IC gathering. Let's meet for an OS the day before
(some upcoming planned gathering) on (topic)."

Something like that. If the conversation goes on on the list for a bit,
and people get interested, and you aren't "taking over" the event, but
adding an opportunity to it -- who could complain?!

I think back to when I introduced Future Search to our coalition. Right
now it seems impossible that we got 64 people from 4 towns (it was a
regional community well-being focused FS) together for 16 hrs over
three days, including senior citizens, social workers, artists, school
superintendent, hospital president, elected town officials, physician,
minister, high school kids, etc. But somehow it worked -- and I'd have
to give a lot of credit to the strong encouragement of our facilitator,
John van Deusen, who did it pro bono. With his guidance, all I did was
get a community leadership group together for a full day meeting with
him. He guided us through a lot of thinking, showed us a FS video....
and at the end of the day, the leadership group was committed to
bringing in their constituencies, and it rolled on.

Does any of that translate for you working with FIC?

Diane