Novice OS user

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Sat Apr 8 10:05:46 PDT 2006

Herman -

You wrote:

< ...Some things changed radically last Friday. I was asked by a colleague

assist him, as facilitator, in identifying the issues/topics that he needs

for developing his business plan... I...had the idea to use OS as the method
to identify the issues/topics that will enhance the critical success factors
of his office... I was ready to do something that I never experienced, but
something that just sounds right to me. And may I say, what an event!... At
the end of the day, after closing the OS, everybody came and thanked me for
what happened. I felt very humbled as I did nothing but allowed the OS to
really work as I thought it should. We accomplished our goal and the scene
was set for my colleague to develop the business plan that will address all
the critical success factors of his office....So here is my question: Did I
do the right thing?>

What do YOU think, Herman?

I think that you

            Listened carefully to what the needs and objectives were

                        Thought about what process or method would serve
best

Listened to your intuition

Did your research, design and pre-work carefully

            Took a deep breath, and

                                    Trusted the process.and the people.

So to me that sounds like you did all the right things.

And isn't it amazing, how it all works?

And one more good thing - you shared the story with us.

Congratulations on jumping into Open Space!

Lisa

PS: I have been to your lovely country and hope to return.  Perhaps we shall
meet one day in person, eh?  Until then, be well, feel free to ask us a
million questions, and enjoy your continued exploration and practice of Open
Space.

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator

O p e n i n g  S p a c e