A taster of OST meeting on 1,5 hour

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Mon Sep 12 23:13:38 PDT 2005

Hi Dear Eva,

A few years ago I found myself in a very similar situation - 1.5 hours and
120 people.  The sponsor felt very strongly that it would be beneficial for
the participants to have a longer time in their discussions and therefore
opted to have just one breakout.  The dialogue was great but it wasn't Open
Space.  Very little cross-pollination, not much chaos and way too much
domination by the "expert guests" who had given presentations earlier in the
day.

Your "first plan ( when I was hoping to have some 30-40 people) was to have
a very short opening and agenda setting (20 min) and 2 breakout spaces à 25
min each and approx. 20 min to closing and reflection over the process" will
work just great!

Hugs,

Christine

Christine Whitney Sanchez