A taster of OST meeting on 1,5 hour

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Mon Sep 12 12:31:22 PDT 2005

I find working with larger numbers (even very larger numbers ie 2000) to be
"easier" from the point of view that the tendency for me as a facilitator to
become personally involved goes down. This includes answering questions from
participants -- which I don't. But with a large group it becomes all that
much easier to avoid the questioner. I practice what I call the "Waiter's
Back Routine" -- you know when you are looking to catch the eye of ac waiter
and all you ever get is the back. Well I can do that very well. Seems rude,
I guess, but the point for me is move quickly to the real action -- which is
the people's work. Get me off the stage as quickly as possible.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: