A taster of OST meeting on 1,5 hour

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Sep 12 12:00:43 PDT 2005

Hi, Karen - good question.

Karen wrote:
<Harrison,
I'm curious to hear more about why you would say 120 is probably easier
than
40.  It leads me to wonder also is there a point (number) where it
shifts
away from easier?>

I look forward to hearing your thoughts, Harrison - in my experience
working with groups of from 1 (yep) to 1500, the only challenge (true
for all sizes of groups) is about logistics.  With the right team
helping put on the event, there's not a shift to 'harder', just more
things to think about and secure during the pre-work/prep/organizing
time.  And if there's documentation during the event, availability of
technology or wallspace or whatever to co-create and distribute (during
or soon after the event) the Book of Proceedings.

Site size, site access, ability to hear everyone, enough paper, posting
area, time, the whole thing.

Given great logistical planning and prep work, the ability of people to
post topics (I've not experience any sized group taking more than 1.25
hours for opening and agenda co-creation), the ease of discussion, the
flow, the intimacy of discussion - all those things, delightfully,
remain the same.
Lisa

L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator