An OS "critique" and response

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Fri Sep 2 04:30:35 PDT 2005

And here more from Bernd
mmp

Dear Michael, please forward this to the OSLIST

Dear participants of this discussion thread

I am grateful for Banks errors, because they were the starting point
for Peggys clarification. I read the two articles and thank you Peggy
for the time and brain you invested.
This reminds me of the book of Nonaka/Takeuchi about the Knowledge
Producing Organization.
One "trick" to stir up the self-confident organizations management -
people already doing a good job - and force them to develop to higher
levels was the introduction of a deliberate irritation, painting a
dangerous picture of the companies future at the horizon.

They propose - if I remember right - to accept the 1st aversive
reaction against the "wrong input" and develop the process, after
this intuitive reaction of the ingroup, by asking: "Apart of the
overall wrongness, isn't there something, WE could get out of this. A
weak point, a blind spot in our company,..."

Peggy, did Banks answer to your critique. Could your bring him to a
"higher coloured level of his errors", or do we have to do the work
without his help
(;-) just kidding

Seriously speaking: can any of you identify something in Banks
errors, which we could use to learn more about OS? I do not know
enough about Spiral Dynamics. But those who do...

I'd love to learn more from you about OS in its Reflection of SD s
perception of OS

Bernd

although Banks  didn't really
> deserve a reasoned response.

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49-30-772 8000
www.boscop.de   www.michaelmpannwitz.de

Check out the new Open Space World Map now with 316 resident Open Space Workers in 57 countries (working in a total of 115 countries worldwide)
www.openspaceworldmap.org