Roling Open Space Wiki Vanning

Ted Ernst tedernst at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 12:24:36 PDT 2005

yes, it was Tom or course, should've mentioned his name

Very different than a roadtrip with pals because a roadtrip with pals has
conversation that flows naturally from movies to sports to wiki to
organizing to co-ops to currency systems and so on, without any direction or
point of focus, without an objective to any of the individual conversations
and without any documentation.

This 2 day rolling open space was like open space where we each proposed
topics and then worked on those topics one at a time, of course sometimes
wandering, but always having a point to come back to. Some of them were
about meaning in life and sprituality and tend to be much like a trip with
pals, getting ot know one another and ourselves, others were much more
technical and felt like advancing projects that we all care about. We're now
here for a 3 day conference where we're going to continue in open space even
though the conference isn't, and then 2 days back in the van where I'm sure
we'll be even more focused on next steps. So the bottom line for me is that
this feels like continuing the work we're already doing on-line, not just
shooting the breeze. And it's all documented in the notes on
http://wiki.wikisym.org/space/WikiVanning, not very human readable by others
yet, but we can pull out the pieces that feel like they need to live on.

Hope you're well.

hugs,
ted