Roling Open Space Wiki Vanning

Tree Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 13:20:52 PDT 2005

Hi Ted. Umm, was the guy in Portland who mentioned Peggy Tom Atlee?
 Thanks for telling us about your day in open space. The question I am about
to ask I ask with fondness and sincerity: how did this day differ from a
'road trip with pals'?
 I'm listening.

 On 10/15/05, Ted Ernst <tedernst at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's a photo of our wall (the dashboard):
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/tedernst/52723409/
> and my others
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/tedernst/tags/wikivanning/
>
> On 10/15/05, Ted Ernst < tedernst at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've never had a day quite like yesterday.
> >
> > I live in Chicago, flew to Portland, OR Thursday night and yesterday,
> > spent from about 8am until 11pm in open space with 3 other people without
> > the normal "breaks" for meals and such. Clearly a lot of times meal times at
> > a conference are continuations of the sessions and topics from the
> > conversation. This felt different. Let me back up. We're on our way to
> > WikiSym, a conference (non-open space) in San Diego that starts Sunday. We
> > wanted more face to face time in open space so we decided to do this drive.
> >
> > So leaving Portland, we got out some mailing labels and put our topics
> > on the dashboard of the van! We drove to Eugene, about 2 hours away, and
> > stopped for brunch at the Walnut Street Cooperative, a house where 9 people
> > live. The brunch was hosted by two people and several others also joined in
> > (those here are the right people!) and there were some really amazing
> > conversatons and beginning friendships and collaborations there. After
> > brunch we wanted a photo of all present so someone went to get another
> > housemate to take it. When he found out who the travelers were and what we
> > were doing, he asked if we had 5 minutes to hear about his stuff. We agreed
> > and he blew us away for another 20 minutes and Peggy Holman's name came up
> > as one of his collaborators. Connections!
> >
> > Then back in the van, just stops for bathroom and fuel (we had
> > provisions with us in the van so didn't need to stop again to eat) and we
> > worked through topic after topic from the dashboard. I'll have to get a
> > photo of the dash uploaded, but in the meantime, here are our notes:
> > http://wiki.wikisym.org/space/WikiVanning
> >
> > What a day!
> >
> > peace,
> > ted
> >

> > --
> > Humanize the Earth! http://tedernst.com
>

> --
> Humanize the Earth! http://tedernst.com * *

Warmly,
Tree Fitzpatrick
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." George Elliot